Wednesday, July 21, 2010
Wednesday 21 July Sragi and Sumberharjo
Today we tackled the bad roads and the traffic to travel to Sragi Mill, another stronghold of steam locomotive operation between the unloading station and the mill, with eight 600mm gauge locomotives in steam as had been the case in 2008. The livery has changed to two-tone green. The trains are propelled from the truckyard. The first train we saw on arrival was a "triple header" of two Hartmann 0-8-0Ts and a Berliner 0-10-0T.
My favourite is the Jung tender engine that looks after the empties at the unloading station.
We also visited the closed mill at Comal which was an out-depot of Sragi. The loco shed there still contains a number of locomotives and there is also what appears to be a Jung 0-6-0WT on display in a children's playground.
- Saturday 17 July Jakarta
- Sunday 18 July 2010 Jakarta to Cirebon and Tersana...
- Monday 19 July Cirebon to Tegal and Sumberharjo Mi...
- Tuesday 20 July Pangka
- Wednesday 21 July Sragi and Sumberharjo
- Thursday 22 July Tegal to Bandungan via Cepiring M...
- Friday 23 July Bandungan to Solo via Amberawa and ...
- Saturday 24 July Gondang Baru mill and Prambanan
- Sunday 25 July Solo to Madiun via Purowodadi
- Monday 26 July Madiun to Cepu via Pagottan, Kanigo...
- Tuesday July 27 Cepu Forestry Railway
- Wednesday 28 July – Cepu to Kediri via Soedhono an...
- Thursday 29 July Kediri to Probolinggo via Merican...
- Friday 30 July Probolinggo to Situbondo via Gendin...
- Saturday 31 July Semboro and Olean
- ▼ July (15)