Monday, July 26, 2010
Monday 26 July Madiun to Cepu via Pagottan, Kanigoro and Rejosarie mills
It had rained overnight and this morning we planned to visit Pagottan mill in the hope of seeing a steam locomotive in use. Alas a shortage of fuel meant that it was not in service but we had the chance of observing some diesels at work, including this fine pair of Schömas pushing cane into the mill yard.
There were also a couple of wild-looking dune buggy type tractors for yard shunting.
A busy market was in operation just outside the mill boundaries.
The next mill to be visited was Kanigoro and here we found one steam engine working in the yard, together with a diesel.
We then returned to the hotel for some R&R as most people are getting tired and we are promised a big day tomorrow.
After lunch, we visited Rejosarie, where a unique Orenstein & Koppel geared locomotive was put through its paces for our benefit.
However, the other two operable steam locomotives were on the shed with the yard duties being performed by a trio of interesting and well-presented diesels, including these two fine O&Ks.
Another interesting feature at this mill was a mill mud disposal system including two inclines - one underground and the other for loading road trucks.
- Saturday 17 July Jakarta
- Sunday 18 July 2010 Jakarta to Cirebon and Tersana...
- Monday 19 July Cirebon to Tegal and Sumberharjo Mi...
- Tuesday 20 July Pangka
- Wednesday 21 July Sragi and Sumberharjo
- Thursday 22 July Tegal to Bandungan via Cepiring M...
- Friday 23 July Bandungan to Solo via Amberawa and ...
- Saturday 24 July Gondang Baru mill and Prambanan
- Sunday 25 July Solo to Madiun via Purowodadi
- Monday 26 July Madiun to Cepu via Pagottan, Kanigo...
- Tuesday July 27 Cepu Forestry Railway
- Wednesday 28 July – Cepu to Kediri via Soedhono an...
- Thursday 29 July Kediri to Probolinggo via Merican...
- Friday 30 July Probolinggo to Situbondo via Gendin...
- Saturday 31 July Semboro and Olean
- ▼ July (15)