Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Tuesday July 27 Cepu Forestry Railway
The day was expected to be long and hot and at 6.30am we were off to the forestry railway depot for a recreation of the use of the 1067mm gauge teak logging line before road transport took over. On arrival, we were greeted by many interested spectators, including this group of schoolboys.
An interesting railbus was at our disposal. We believe that it took an all-night effort to get it operational for our visit.
Here several runpasts were done.
However, feeling dreadful with an ongoing stomach ailment, I decided to abandon the day before the train departed for the forest, where logs were to be loaded. I got a railbus ride back to the depot and a motor bike ride back to the hotel where I rested up. The tablets I have started taking seem to be doing the trick. Fingers crossed!
- Saturday 17 July Jakarta
- Sunday 18 July 2010 Jakarta to Cirebon and Tersana...
- Monday 19 July Cirebon to Tegal and Sumberharjo Mi...
- Tuesday 20 July Pangka
- Wednesday 21 July Sragi and Sumberharjo
- Thursday 22 July Tegal to Bandungan via Cepiring M...
- Friday 23 July Bandungan to Solo via Amberawa and ...
- Saturday 24 July Gondang Baru mill and Prambanan
- Sunday 25 July Solo to Madiun via Purowodadi
- Monday 26 July Madiun to Cepu via Pagottan, Kanigo...
- Tuesday July 27 Cepu Forestry Railway
- Wednesday 28 July – Cepu to Kediri via Soedhono an...
- Thursday 29 July Kediri to Probolinggo via Merican...
- Friday 30 July Probolinggo to Situbondo via Gendin...
- Saturday 31 July Semboro and Olean
- ▼ July (15)