Friday, July 23, 2010
Thursday 22 July Tegal to Bandungan via Cepiring Mill and the Ambarawa rack railway
Starting off from Tegal it took an hour to negotiate the first 5 kilometres of road works. No wonder the bus crews had to stop for refreshments.
We called at Cepiring Mill which has recently been reopened after being in mothballs for some time. We received a formal welcome with refreshments and were then able to photograph the twelve 600mm gauge locomotives that have been put on display there, including this Brookville.
From Cepiring we drove to Ambarawa which is home to the Indonesian Railways museum and the terminus of line that includes 11 kilometres of rack railway up to Bedono.
- Saturday 17 July Jakarta
- Sunday 18 July 2010 Jakarta to Cirebon and Tersana...
- Monday 19 July Cirebon to Tegal and Sumberharjo Mi...
- Tuesday 20 July Pangka
- Wednesday 21 July Sragi and Sumberharjo
- Thursday 22 July Tegal to Bandungan via Cepiring M...
- Friday 23 July Bandungan to Solo via Amberawa and ...
- Saturday 24 July Gondang Baru mill and Prambanan
- Sunday 25 July Solo to Madiun via Purowodadi
- Monday 26 July Madiun to Cepu via Pagottan, Kanigo...
- Tuesday July 27 Cepu Forestry Railway
- Wednesday 28 July – Cepu to Kediri via Soedhono an...
- Thursday 29 July Kediri to Probolinggo via Merican...
- Friday 30 July Probolinggo to Situbondo via Gendin...
- Saturday 31 July Semboro and Olean
- ▼ July (15)