Tuesday, July 20, 2010
Tuesday 20 July Pangka
The mill at Pangka uses a combination of 90-year old steam locomotives and 60-year old diesels on 600mm gauge track to haul cane from the unloading point for road transport to the mill. This mill is notable in that nearly its entire all-time roster is present, and most of it is still available for use.
Things were pretty much the same as they were in 2008 with one out of three serviceable Jung 0-6-2Ts, both Orenstein & Koppel 0-8-0Ts, two Moës diesels and two Schöma diesels in use. However, the steam locomotives were probably in marginally inferior condition to that noted on 2008. Nevertheless, the present system seems quite well-run and reasonably efficient. It would be a lot more efficient if the track was improved to reduce the frequent derailments at the top of the yard where the full trucks are propelled back over some extensive point work.
- Saturday 17 July Jakarta
- Sunday 18 July 2010 Jakarta to Cirebon and Tersana...
- Monday 19 July Cirebon to Tegal and Sumberharjo Mi...
- Tuesday 20 July Pangka
- Wednesday 21 July Sragi and Sumberharjo
- Thursday 22 July Tegal to Bandungan via Cepiring M...
- Friday 23 July Bandungan to Solo via Amberawa and ...
- Saturday 24 July Gondang Baru mill and Prambanan
- Sunday 25 July Solo to Madiun via Purowodadi
- Monday 26 July Madiun to Cepu via Pagottan, Kanigo...
- Tuesday July 27 Cepu Forestry Railway
- Wednesday 28 July – Cepu to Kediri via Soedhono an...
- Thursday 29 July Kediri to Probolinggo via Merican...
- Friday 30 July Probolinggo to Situbondo via Gendin...
- Saturday 31 July Semboro and Olean
- ▼ July (15)