Saturday, July 24, 2010
Friday 23 July Bandungan to Solo via Amberawa and Tasik Madu mill
Bandungan is a nice cool hill station nestled amid volcanoes.
It appears to be scene of operation for a well-known Australian real estate agency.
We rode the Amberawa rack railway again. Two groups of students from nearby schools were marshalled by their teachers to see us go by, presumably for some legitimate educational purpose. Note the student who has cunningly substituted the Fernando Torres Spanish football kit for his school uniform.
Unfortunately, there was no time to look around the Amberawa Railway "Museum" which contains about 20 corroding government railway engines.
We then travelled to Tasik Madu mill. There are quite a number of 750mm gauge steam locomotives kept in nice condition here but only one is normally in use for cane transfers from the unloading yards to the mill, alongside three diesels.
Because of a failure we were fortunate to see the amazing Orenstein & Koppel "Lüttermoller" 0-10-0 tender locomotive in use as well as a vertical boilered steam roller.
- Saturday 17 July Jakarta
- Sunday 18 July 2010 Jakarta to Cirebon and Tersana...
- Monday 19 July Cirebon to Tegal and Sumberharjo Mi...
- Tuesday 20 July Pangka
- Wednesday 21 July Sragi and Sumberharjo
- Thursday 22 July Tegal to Bandungan via Cepiring M...
- Friday 23 July Bandungan to Solo via Amberawa and ...
- Saturday 24 July Gondang Baru mill and Prambanan
- Sunday 25 July Solo to Madiun via Purowodadi
- Monday 26 July Madiun to Cepu via Pagottan, Kanigo...
- Tuesday July 27 Cepu Forestry Railway
- Wednesday 28 July – Cepu to Kediri via Soedhono an...
- Thursday 29 July Kediri to Probolinggo via Merican...
- Friday 30 July Probolinggo to Situbondo via Gendin...
- Saturday 31 July Semboro and Olean
- ▼ July (15)