Saturday, August 7, 2010
Saturday August 7 - Sumberharjo and Pangka
Today we had reprise visits to two of the best mills in Java for steam. Sumberharjo was quiet - to a certain extent living up to its 'Slumberharjo' reputation, but nevertheless there were seven 700mm gauge steam locomotives at work (just).
As we left, we saw a steam locomotive heading out to a field line. Rod Smith of Gloucestershire features here.
We also found a diesel heading in to the mill hauling a rake of crippled loris.
Pangka was great with three 600mm steam locomotives at work as well as some of the oldest operational diesels in Java. It was good to see Jung number 1 in operation, meaning that I have seen all three of this type at Pangka in use.
This time, I'll let the photos speak for themselves.
- Sunday 1 August – Wringinanom, Panji and Assembagu...
- Monday 2 August – Situbondo to Kediri via Gending ...
- Tuesday August 3 Kediri to Madiun via Mojopanggung...
- Wednesday 4 August Purwodadi and Rejo Agung
- Thursday 5 August Madiun to Solo via Soedhono and ...
- Friday 6 August – Solo to Tegal via Sragi
- Saturday August 7 - Sumberharjo and Pangka
- Sunday 8 August – Tegal to Jakarta via Jatibarang
- ▼ August (8)