Tuesday, August 3, 2010
Monday 2 August – Situbondo to Kediri via Gending and Gempolkrep
The 'post-tour' tour involves a small group returning to Jakarta via bus retracing a lot of the journey, revisiting some mills and also calling at some new ones.
Today was the longest road leg of the trip. On the way we went back to Gending, which most people had not visited with me the previous week. (Having a sugar mill machinery group as well as a cane railway group meant that some choices had been possible.)
I took this photo to show the Islamic type of school uniform that most girls do not wear, although a sizeable minority do. Even in schools where Islamic dress seems predominant, you often see a few girls wearing a secular version.
There was a fair amount of activity involving three locomotives between unloading station and the mill.
We saw loco number 1 haul a train of portable track into the mill yard. This had obviously just been lifted from a harvesting site somewhere. It then promptly departed with a field train of empty wagons.
This was one of the more mean-looking volcanoes we have passed.
- Sunday 1 August – Wringinanom, Panji and Assembagu...
- Monday 2 August – Situbondo to Kediri via Gending ...
- Tuesday August 3 Kediri to Madiun via Mojopanggung...
- Wednesday 4 August Purwodadi and Rejo Agung
- Thursday 5 August Madiun to Solo via Soedhono and ...
- Friday 6 August – Solo to Tegal via Sragi
- Saturday August 7 - Sumberharjo and Pangka
- Sunday 8 August – Tegal to Jakarta via Jatibarang
- ▼ August (8)