Friday, August 6, 2010
Friday 6 August – Solo to Tegal via Sragi
Today was a long transfer trip but we managed to get in a good return visit to Sragi mill.
Our tour leader, John Raby, deep in conversation with the security man just before we left the hotel this morning.
Becak drivers awaiting trade at the hotel gates.
A Chinese shrine close to where we ate lunch.
Crane driver's view high above the scene at the unloading station.
Nowhere else in the world can you see five 600mm gauge industrial steam locomotives all at work at the same time and the same place. There were eight in steam here once again.
Only mad dogs. Englishmen, and small children go out in the midday sun.
Quite a slow day with the mill broken down but there is still work to be done and cane shifted.
- Sunday 1 August – Wringinanom, Panji and Assembagu...
- Monday 2 August – Situbondo to Kediri via Gending ...
- Tuesday August 3 Kediri to Madiun via Mojopanggung...
- Wednesday 4 August Purwodadi and Rejo Agung
- Thursday 5 August Madiun to Solo via Soedhono and ...
- Friday 6 August – Solo to Tegal via Sragi
- Saturday August 7 - Sumberharjo and Pangka
- Sunday 8 August – Tegal to Jakarta via Jatibarang
- ▼ August (8)