This was a cloudy day and photographic opportunities were limited.
Loerie was an important railway centre with banking engines once stationed there in steam days to assist trains on their way towards Port Elizabeth. This housing was typical of that provided for railway employees in the 1950s.
This also appears to be railway housing at Mondplaas, 13 kilometres beyond Loerie, presumably built for African labourers who maintained the track.
Our journey took us close to the sea, at the famous surfing centre of Jeffreys Bay.
There is a taxing 7 kilometre climb to gain 86 metres in height from Kabeljouwsrivier up to Jeffries Bay station.
- Tuesday 25 May Sandstone Estates Day 2
- Wednesday 26 May Sandstone Estates Day 3
- Thursday 27 May Sandstone Estates Day 4
- Friday 28 May Paton’s Country Railway
- Saturday 29 May Creighton Day 1
- Sunday 30 May Creighton Day 2
- Monday 31 May Creighton to Port Elizabeth
- Tuesday 1 June Avontuur line Day 1
- Wednesday 2 June Avontuur line Day 2
- Thursday 3 June Avontuur line Day 3
- Friday 4 June Avontuur line Day 4
- Saturday 5 June Avontuur line Day 5
- Sunday 6 June Johannesburg
- Saturday 26 June Tully and Mourilyan
- Sunday 27 June Ingham
- ▼ June (15)