About Me

My photo
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
See also John Raby's blogs at www.rabylee.uk/linesidingindex.html

Followers

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Lautoka and Rarawai Friday 11 September 2014



Just time to investigate a few more things before leaving for home.

Two significant things:
1. Lautoka Mill has a small Chinese tamping machine
2. The Fowler locomotive that was formerly in a park in Ba has been moved to a new museum. It hasn't officially opened yet, but it ids just visible inside.

Small tamper built in 2013 by Shifang Railway-Helper Machinery Co in its shed at Lautoka.

Ex Fairymead Mill 60 at Rarawai Mill


The Rarawai line car on a short excursion























Three Clyde HG-3R locos at Lautoka's Navo out-depot.

Ontrak Clyde rebuild 23 getting a lunchtime wash at Navo







































Tonight I'm off to Nauru for a short work trip. I believe there's not much left to see there but I'll let you know when I get back in a few days.

LATE CORRECTION - Unfortunately Nauru Airlines couldn't provide a serviceable aircraft and the fight was cancelled. I hope to get over there in a few weeks time.

No comments:

Post a Comment