The diminutive engine was operating on a very short line on the Oswestry station platform.
The next stop was a brief call at the Bala Lake Railway, where Hunslet quarry tank MAID MARIAN was operating trains.
|Running round at the Bala terminus|
|1902-built HOLY WAR|
|1885-built WINIFRED, freshly arrived from Canada|
Porthmadog's Festiniog/Welsh Highland Railway station was the next port of call.
|Funkey B-B DH Vale of Festiniog, used as station pilot for all Welsh Highland trains|
|George England 1867 WELSH PONY cosmetically restored and on display preparatory to a return to service.|
|Graham Lee's 1899 Hunslet KING OF THE SCARLETS on display in Spooner's Bar|
|The 1879 built Fairlie MERDDIN EMRYS just off a Festiniog train|
Finally on the way up to Lewis Esposito's Salem Chapel B and B (recommended), a Welsh Highland train hauled by number 138, a Beyer Peacock Beyer-Garratt built for South African Railways in 1958.
|Passing the Glanrafon slate tips north of Rhyd Ddu|
|Coming up to the Castell Cidwm overbridge|