|This small Dübs 0-4-0T A67, (647 of 1873) was sold into industrial service in 1897, serving a succession of enterprises until presented to the Ocean Beach Railway in Dunedin by Milburn Cement in 1967.|
It is currently under overhaul.
|NZR L508 was a 2-4-0T built by Avonside in 1877 (builder's number 1206) and it passed to the Public Works Department in 1901 and then to Wilson's (NZ) Portland Cement in 1931. |
It is operational at Shantytown.
|This small 0-4-0T was built by EW Mills in Wellington (3 of 1875) and only worked on the government railway for a short period, passing to the Public Works Department and a variety of industrial users. |
It is on static display at Shantytown.
|This delightful Neilson 2-4-0T (2306 of 1878) was numbered D16 in NZR service. |
In 1917, it passed to the NZ Refrigerating Company and is now preserved in working order at the Pleasant Point Railway near Timaru..
|This 1878 Single Fairle, R28 (Avonside 1217 of 1878) was used by the Timaru Harbour Board and a coal mine near Reefton. It has been on display at Reefton since 1959.|
|A classic British diesel of the inter-war years, TR18 was built for Drewry by English Electric at the Dick Kerr works in Preston (913 of 1936) and remained in NZR service until going to the Pleasant Point Railway in 1983.|
|This superbly presented Hunslet 0-6-0DM, Dsa262 (4699 of 1957) operates trains at Founders Historical Park, Nelson. |
It came here ex NZR in 1985.
|Local builder A & G Price produced small shunting units for NZR. Tr107 (176 of 1957) came to Shantytown from NZR in 2005.|
|Bagnall 0-4-0DM Tr156 (3105 of 1957) came to the Ferrymead Railway in 1998 from NZR.|
The following are two of the three locomotives in industrial service on the South Island.
|Bo-Bo DE DSC2067 works at the Alliance Group's Pukeuri meatworks near Oamaru, and is British Thompson Houston 1071 of 1959. |
It was sold out of NZR service in 1991.
Westland Dairy products at Hokitika operates 0-4-0DM Tr169 (A & G Price 193 of 1960), purchased from NZR in 2006.